The course focuses on the SENCOs' enhanced role in relation to the new Neurodevelopmental diagnostic pathway (NDP) for Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
The new NDP is being launched in January 2019 and all SENCOs will access the training in order to support staff and families when addressing needs and concerns relating to social communication. SENCOs will learn about their role in making referrals to the pathway. Referrals from SENCOs will be contingent on attendance on SENCO training.
To enable participants to:
- Have an insight into what it might mean to have ASC and the challenges it poses to school inclusion and positive school outcomes;
- Address what an APDR plan might look like pre NDP referral
- Have a clear understanding of the pathway process and the role of the SENCO
- Work with others to develop, implement and review support plans to meet the needs of children and young people with social communication needs
- Enable SENCOs to make make appropriately evidenced referrals to the NDP.
The training is being funded by the CCG NDP Project
No charge to attend for Trafford schools
Primary and Secondary SENCOs in Trafford