Providers must train all staff to understand their safeguarding policy and procedures, and ensure that all staff have up to date knowledge of safeguarding issues.
This course aims to raise awareness of child protection issues and will provide practitioners with an understanding of their roles and responsibilities in safeguarding children.
By the end of this session Practitioners will:
- Understand the role of the early years practitioner in safeguarding.
- Confidently recognise and respond to key signs and symptoms of concern and abuse.
- Respond to concerns and know clear lines of reporting.
- Understand how safeguarding children links to practice
- Understand how to work in partnership and to support parents
- Understand the importance of accurate record keeping
- Understand the Trafford Strategic Safeguarding Board’s Threshold of Need with reference to the Children’s Act 1989 and other relevant documentation.
- Be aware of current safeguarding themes of; prevent, FGM, peer on peer abuse, modern day slavery etc
Free parking is available onsite - PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT PARK IN THE FIRST CAR PARK ON THE RIGHT AS THE BARRIERS WIL BE LOCKED AT 7PM. PLEASE USE ALTERNATIVE PARKING WHICH IS SIGNPOSTED WITHIN CARRINGTON BUSINESS PARK. Refreshments will be provided. Please note that non-attendance or cancellation within 5 working days of the start date of the course will incur a charge
All Early Years Practitioners