The aim of the course is for early year’s practitioners to recognise the importance of supporting all children with visuals to help their language and learning and be able to identify children who need visuals to support their language.
Children's speech develops following certain patterns, this course explains what is expected and how to help children experiencing difficulty developing language skills.
By the end of the course practitioners will:
- Be able to confidently identify the different areas of language development.
- Be able to identify at what stage different speech sounds develop.
- Understand the difference between phonology and articulation.
- Understand how dummy and bottle use impact on speech sound development.
- Be able to recognise the impact of hearing on speech sounds.
- Know common speech sound processes.
- Have a toolkit of strategies to support children with developing speech sounds.
- Take away some useful online resources to support their work with children.
Free parking is available onsite. Refreshments will be provided Please note that non-attendance or cancellation within 5 working days of the start date of the course will incur a charge
You must have attended one of the courses below to attend this course
- Communication Champion Training
- Childminder Communication Workshop
- Level 1 - Nursery Talk