The aim of this course is for practitioners to gain a better awareness of how to adapt their setting to encourage communication and how to use the environment to support children in developing their communication skills.
The course will include practical advice and strategies to adapt the setting to encourage communication; ideas for adapting activities; and ways of communicating with children that will enhance their communication through creating opportunities.
- Have ideas on creating a communication friendly environment, that they can adapt and make specific to their setting
- Understand how to create opportunities to communicate
- Be aware of how to motivate children to communicate
- Understand how to encourage verbal and non verbal communication throughout the day
- Understand how to present information to children with speech language and communication needs (SLCN)
- Be able to adapt activities to suit the needs of children with SLCN
Free parking is available onsite. Refreshments will be provided Please note that non-attendance or cancellation within 5 working days of the start date of the course will incur a charge
All Early Years Education and Childcare Practitioners
Level 1 - Nursery Talk MUST be attended before booking a place on this course