This 2 hour course delivered by Trafford’s NHS Paediatric Dietician covers the importance of a balanced diet, weaning, portion sizes, dietary requirements and allergies and activities with food.
The course will develop your understanding of the nutritional requirements for food and drink in early years and implement best practice.
By the end of the course practitioners will:
- have knowledge of national guidelines re: healthy eating and good nutrition for the under-fives
- understand the weaning process and supporting breast feeding Mums
- foster positive relationships with food including ‘fussy eating’ and ‘portion sizes’
- know the benefits of exploring food/food play
- understand food allergies, intolerances and dietary requirements
- supporting parents with good nutrition
You will be charged 100% of the course cost seven days before the course start date. This is applicable for all courses.
Free parking is available onsite
Refreshments will be provided.
All Early Years Education and Childcare Practitioners